Monday, April 16, 2012

Confusion er daudur

In 2006, I self-published my first novel, Confusion, through iUniverse. Recently this year, they made it available as an eBook for devices such as Nook or Kindle, but they totally fucked it up (for example, they neglected to italicize words that should have been italicized). That was the last straw. Last month I sent them a letter requesting they cancel the book, and today I got mail from iUniverse saying that they had granted my cancellation request for Confusion. It is no longer available through the iUniverse website or Barnes & Noble (though the botched Nook eBook version still is: not for long though). The book is still up for sale on Amazon in both print and eBook versions, but again, not for long. Now that all rights have reverted back to me, I can begin the process of rewriting it (as I was never satisfied with the finished product and rushed into self-publishing it way too soon), and then try to find it a better home.

No comments:

Post a Comment