Sunday, October 27, 2019

H.P. Lovecraft Top Ten

Back in late February of 2016 (about a month after I finished the first draft of HARLEM SMOKE), I compiled a list of my Top Ten favorite H.P. Lovecraft stories (plus a few honorable mentions). Recently a friend asked me about which Lovecraft stories I rank in my Top Ten. Having recently finished reading Leslie S. Klinger's THE NEW ANNOTATED H.P. LOVECRAFT: BEYOND ARKHAM, I felt the time was good to reevaluate my list and make a few small changes. With that in mind, and in no order, my Lovecraft Top Ten as of October 2019 would consist of:

The Call of Cthulhu
Pickman's Model
The Shadow over Innsmouth
The Dreams in the Witch House
At the Mountains of Madness
The Case of Charles Dexter Ward
The Dunwich Horror
The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath
The Picture in the House
The Festival

Honorable Mentions:

The Cats of Ulthar
The Outsider
The Haunter of the Dark

(the one real change I made is bumping "The Outsider" to the "Honorable Mentions" list and promoting "The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath" to the Top Ten).

No comments:

Post a Comment