Thursday, December 26, 2019

Musical Picks (and pans) of 2019

My musical picks (and pans) of 2019:

Album of the year: Ladytron (Ladytron)

Runner-ups: Airless Space (Consumer Electronics), Leaving Meaning (Swans), On The Line, (Jenny Lewis), 2020 (Richard Dawson), Cause And Effect (Keane)

Other Notables: Cuz I Love You (Lizzo), Fine Line (Harry Styles), My Songs (Sting), Use Your Illusion III (Ceramic Hobs), No Home Record (Kim Gordon), Life Metal (Sunn 0))) ), uknowwhatimsayin (Danny Brown)

Okay, could have been better: Madame X (Madonna), Fear Inoculum (Tool), When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? (Billie Eilish)

Not that great:Amidst The Chaos (Sara Bareilles), She Is Coming (Miley Cyrus), The Highwomen (The Highwomen), Ghosteen (Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds)

(On the soundtrack front, I highly recommend the soundtrack to the Tarantino film ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD, which I feel is one of the best soundtracks for one of his films in years)

No comments:

Post a Comment