Monday, January 23, 2023

Memories Dreams Reflections 15: Some Childhood Art

Towards the end of my grade school era, I found myself accepted into Aspire, which was a kind of creative arts program only open to students who seemed to display somewhat more advanced aptitudes when it came to the arts. What this meant in practical terms was that I was admitted entry to the advanced art classes, which was nice because sometimes we took field trips to the middle school (and, once in high school, field trips to RISD). It wasn't really until middle school in the early 1990's that my art skills started blossoming, but I still have some early examples of the art I was doing in grade school, back in the 1980's. Here's a small sampling of them: 

A Butterfly

A Skeleton (this was from the 4th grade) 

Illustration to accompany a book report on The War of the Worlds

Godzilla! 

Crude illustration of Christopher Columbus 

Where's Waldo inspired scene (this was from the 5th grade) 





No comments:

Post a Comment