Saturday, July 9, 2022

Coming Soon

 For years now, I've mainly just used my writer's blog as a repository for my monthly reading list updates or for news related to my writing/publications (sadly those latter cases have become extremely infrequent over the last few years). Recently I've been thinking of new content I could add to it, and one thing I think I might start is a series of autobiographical memories and reminisces, sporadically updated "whenever I feel like it."


Generally speaking, when it comes to fiction, I don't plumb the depths of my own life for material (HARLEM SMOKE being one of the few exceptions, and of course, bits and pieces of my life/character sometimes appear in my stories, though sometimes in an oblique or disguised fashion). This is partly because I don't lead the most eventful/exciting life, but also because I find trying to sum myself up very difficult to do in the concise manner that narratives often require. But perhaps this strategy, blog entries on diverse elements of my past, might be the best way to tackle some of this material, in a way that would not be as ephemeral/transient as just posting about it on Facebook or whatever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment