Monday, February 13, 2023

Memories Dreams Reflections 16: Valentine's Day

In keeping to the spirit of the holiday, in the 5th grade I wrote a Valentine’s Day short story, which I now present to you:\

The Weirdest Valentine’s Day

Hi. I am a piece of yummy, mouth-watering, cream candy. I lived happily in a wonderful place named Candyland. One day as I was bounding around a truck came. It picked me up and brought me to a Candy Cream Inc. factory. There, I was put into a piece of wrapping, and put in a box with other creams. “Help!” I screamed. But no one heard me. I was given to a girl for Valentine’s Day. Auggh! She ate me and my friends. It was nice and warm in her stomach. So here I am today, writing this story, for one day the girl got sick and sent us flying out of her mouth. It was plenty messy, sure, but we were free.


* * * *

I’m starting to worry that maybe some readers might be getting a poor impression of me, that maybe they think that as a child I was only interested in gross and disgusting things. But that isn’t entirely true. To prove it, here’s a nice little haiku I wrote about kitty cats (again, from the 5th grade):

KITTENS

Cute little kittens

I love to see them eating

They are very lovable



No comments:

Post a Comment